Holistic Counselling Skills
Course Coordinator: Deanne Reyes
The Holistic Counselling Skills Certificate course provides an introduction to Counselling and Communication skills through Metavision’s Holistic Worldview and is an excellent introduction for those wanting to study holistic counselling.
The Holistic Counselling Skills Certificate course provides an introduction to Counselling and Communication skills through Metavision’s Holistic Worldview and is an excellent introduction for those wanting to study counselling, holistic counselling or holistic psychotherapy.
This certificate course will help you become an effective communicator, these communication skills can be applied to your work situation as well as throughout your personal life.
Our Holistic lens ensures that your self-awareness grows along with your interpersonal skills.
This course will enrich your life by cultivating and sharpening your communication skills from a holistic point of view; necessary both at work and at home.
Studying in our Holistic Counselling Skills course is an excellent introduction for those wanting to pursue a career as a Counsellor or Psychotherapist as the training can be used as an entry pathway to our PACFA Accredited Professional in Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy for those with no previous counselling skills. It is also an excellent taste of the Metavision approach for those looking to incorporate a more holistic approach into their existing mental health or helping professions work.
You will receive Professional Development (PD) points on the successful completion of the course.
Now enrolling for 2023
Enquire now for 2023 intake
Phase 1 begins on 2nd February 2023
|Full Course Fee||$2,950||(incl. GST)|
|Application Fee / Deposit||$175|
|1||2 February 2023||23 March 2023|
|2 x day online workshop||Saturday 25th Feb 2023||Sunday 26th Feb 2023|
|2||6 April 2023||25 May 2023|
|3||8 June 2023||27 July 2023|
The Course is Taught in Three PhasesEach Phase Builds on the Previous Phase
We have structured the course into three phases. Each phase is complete within itself and if you wanted to, you are able to study Phase One and/or Phase Two on their own as they cover very specific subject matter.
- The phase subjects that we have listed below will be covered in your program.
- 7 weeks per Phase x 3 Phases = 21 Weeks total.
- E-Learning, home study, and optional attendance to a two-day online workshop with your study peers.
- Assessments conducted throughout the Phases.
Phase One Emotional Intelligence and Foundational Counselling Skills
- Deep listening and what it really means.
- Presence, what does it mean to be there for another?
- Foundational Skills of Counselling
- Reflective listening and empathy
- Emotional Intelligence
- Skillful use of questions
- Shaping a healing conversation
Phase Two Effective Communication in the Workplace
- Noticing Tensions, trouble spots and difficulties.
- Confidentiality, gossip and alliances.
- Power dynamics and rank
- Working with conflict I
- Working with conflict II
- Inner Conflict
- Enhancing teamwork
Phase Three Applying Counselling and Communication Skills to Life
- Applying the skills, the wisdom within
- Counselling Skills Development
- Developing your natural writing voice
- Non violent communication - further tools
- Metaskills, your unique way of being
- Embracing diversity
- Claiming accomplishment
- People Skills that will enable you to meet the difficulties that work and life present us
- Deep listening skills
- The skills to beome an effective communicator through empathy
- Self-awareness and reflective practices
- An understanding of the holistic approach
- Confidence in your personal and professional communication practices
This course is ideal for individuals, or alternative holistic therapists who want to enrich their lives and practice by learning basic counselling skills from a holistic point of view.
From the very beginning and all throughout the course you will be able to apply your learning to your life and work.
HCS is ideal for people working with people; social service providers, nurses, teachers, complimentary health therapists, small business, team members, managers.
- Click on the enrol now button
- Fill out the application form
- Pay the $175 application fee
- Upon receipt of payment, you will be enrolled
- Login details will be sent for access to the course introduction on our online learning platform the week prior to the course beginning
- Course content for each week will be made available each Thursday
Just have a question? Hit 'Enquire Today' and we will be in touch.
The 'people skills' you learn will give you a foundation of knowledge for dealing with difficulties frequently encountered in all sorts of workplace dramas.
After graduating from the Metavision course in 2011, Deanne continued on as a teaching assistant, growing into the role of Student Liaison for all Metavision courses, she is also an integral part of the team within the Metavision hub as student liaison and runs her own private practice.
With a background in management within the Biomedical equipment industry, Deanne's decision to change careers was based on experiences throughout her life that were not always within her control. This is a common theme with a lot of the students that seek to study with Metavision due to the transformative nature of the course. Her passion for communication and in particular, the Metavision Model has helped her transition from her previous career into her current role where she embodies this model while working with people from all walks of life.
Deanne teaches the Holistic Counselling Skills Certificate under Christina's mentorship and also presents the two-day Foundational Counselling Skills workshop.
The Holistic Counselling Skills Certificate provides an excellent combination of study approaches to meet the needs of the modern world.
You will complete the vast majority of your study online via our Moodle E-Learning Platform. This platform has all the tools to keep you in contact with your peers, tutors, and the Metavision community.
We believe personal interaction is an important part of your study. From the beginning, we work to connect you with your peers in the course to allow for collaboration and connection in respect to the content. This is an important part of adult learning and greatly improves familiarity with the subject.
The course content is delivered on a weekly basis building your skills each week. A typical week will involve the following resources:
- Teaching podcast
- Teaching video
- YouTube clips
- Reading material
- 1 or 2 Exercises to be worked on during the week
- Zoom meetings
The exercises are varied with an emphasis on experiential learning. They are designed to enhance your engagement with the content, to develop self-reflective practices, and to learn collaboratively. You will find the assessments highly relevant and easily applied to your everyday life. Once you have completed your work, you are encouraged to share in the online forum where you will receive weekly feedback.
Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard time (GMT+10)