Fri, 17 Dec 2021
Fee Refund and Change Policy
This policy outlines a fair and equitable process for tuition fee refunds and changes to tuition fees for Metavision Institute’s accredited higher education courses.
Tuition fee refunds for applicants and students enrolled in Metavision Institute’s higher education courses and changes to tuition fees will be managed according to this policy.
Census date: The published date in each semester on which Metavision Institute finalises enrolment. Tuition fees: All unit tuition fees and other course charges payable by students enrolled in Metavision Institute’s higher education courses.
Relevant TEQSA Threshold Standards
This policy aligns with Section 1.1.2 Admission and Section 7.2 Information for Prospective and Current Students in the Higher Education Standards Framework 2015
- Metavision Institute provides complete and accurate information for prospective and enrolled students, including a schedule of unit tuition fees and all other course charges, and Census dates, on the website and in the Student Handbook.
- The application fee is non-refundable and must be paid prior to the admission interview.
- Enrolled students are required to make a non-refundable deposit of an amount published on the website course page. This deposit is part of the first semester’s unit tuition fees. A refund of this deposit is possible in special circumstances by following the process outlined in Section 1.6: Special consideration in the Student Welfare and Disability Policy.
- New and re-enrolling students who withdraw from one or more enrolled units prior to the published Census date are eligible to receive a refund of unit tuition fees they have already paid for the semester, and will not be liable for further tuition fee payments. Applications for fee refunds will be processed within 10 working days following receipt of the fee refund application.
- Students who withdraw from their studies after the relevant Census date will be liable for their tuition fees for the semester, unless special circumstances apply (refer to Section 1.6 Special consideration in the Student Welfare and Disability Policy.
- The Governance Board will review tuition fees annually as part of an annual budget review and will set tuition fees for the following year. Increases in tuition fees will be aligned with reported CPI increases.
- Annual changes to tuition fees will be notified via email to enrolled students and published on Metavision Institute’s website.
- Prospective and enrolled students may appeal a fee refund decision made within the framework of this policy. Appeals are to be submitted according to the Student Grievance, Complaints and Appeals Policy (Non-academic).
The Governance Board is responsible for reviewing unit tuition fees and other course charges annually.
The Executive Officer is responsible for assessing and approving fee refund applications from students.