Fri, 27 Aug 2021
Current Version: V0.1
Replaces Version: V0.0
Terms of Service
Welcome to the website of Metavision Institute Pty Ltd (ABN 54 102 838 844) ("we", "us" or "Metavision"). We are a leading provider of holistic and transdisciplinary education services.
This website is located on the web via the domain https://metavision.edu.au and includes all of the files located in that domain ("this site").
Legal capacity to transact
If you are under 18 years of age, you cannot place orders through this site. By using this site you represent and warrant to Metavision that you are over the age of 18 years. Should Metavision suffer any damage or other losses as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from his/her parents or guardians.
Restrictions on Use
Your use of this site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
Without limiting any other remedies available to Metavision at law or in equity, Metavision reserves the right to, without notice:
- temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your access to this site or refuse to provide services to you if:
- Metavision is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
- Metavision believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to Metavision, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person; and
You indemnify and hold harmless Metavision and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
- any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site;
- your use of, or connection to, this site; or
Registration and Account Security
Requirement for registration
Metavision reserves the right to make any parts of this site accessible only to users who have registered.
Username and password
Upon registration with this site, you will be issued with a username and password to access your account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password for this site. Metavision will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with your failure to comply with this security obligation. You agree that Metavision will be entitled to assume that any person using this site with your username and password is you or your authorised representative.
You must notify Metavision immediately of any known or suspected unauthorised use of any password or any other breach of security.
- a valid email address;
- accurate billing and contact information (including your street address and the name and telephone number of your authorised billing contact and administrator); and
- any other information that may be required by Metavision during the registration process.
You must promptly update this information to maintain its accuracy at all times.
You represent and warrant to Metavision that all information provided to Metavision by you, including the information provided by you through our account registration module or entered into your account profile, is true and not misleading and does not violate any applicable law or regulation or any person's intellectual property or other rights.
Multiple accounts and automated account opening
One person may not maintain more than one account with this site. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
Approval of registrations
Metavision reserves the right to accept or reject any application for registration of an account with this site at its discretion.
We will not commence processing any order made through this site unless and until:
- payment for the order has been received by us in full; and
- the order has passed our internal validation procedures, which are undertaken in order to verify the bona fides of each order for the purpose of preventing credit card and other fraud.
We reserve the right at our discretion to:
- at any time:
- refuse to provide services to you;
- terminate your access to this site; and/or
- remove or edit any content on this site.
Acceptance of orders
Acceptance of each order will take place if and when Metavision either:
- provides the services to you, at the time at which Metavision commences providing the services; or
- notifies you in writing that your order has been accepted, at the time at which such notification is sent by Metavision.
Metavision reserves the right to change the prices for services displayed in this site at any time before you place an order.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all amounts payable through your use of this site are expressed to be inclusive of GST. For these purposes, the term "GST" has the meaning given to it in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
Payment for orders placed through this site may be made by credit card processed online using a secure third party payment gateway.
Third party payment gateways
Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any personal information that you may provide to such third party payment gateway providers, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing address).
Credit and debit card payments
All major credit cards and debit cards are accepted. Please note that we may be unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of Australia in some cases. Metavision does not charge additional transaction fees for paying by credit card.
Refunds and other remedies
While our third party payment gateway and website hosting providers employ secure technology for transactions with our customers, we will not be responsible for any damages, including consequential losses (whether direct or indirect), that may be suffered by a customer whose credit or debit card or bank account information is used in a fraudulent or unauthorised manner by any person other than Metavision.
Metavision may request further information from you, such as a copy of your credit card and/or other identification documentation, as part of our internal validation procedures. These procedures help protect bank and credit card account holders from online fraud. Until your order has passed our internal fraud prevention checks, your order will remain on pending status. If further information is requested and you do not provide the requested information within such time as Metavision considers appropriate at its discretion, your order will be cancelled and, if your payment has been received, it will be refunded back to you.
- this site;
- all of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this site, and the selection and arrangement thereof); and
- all software, systems and other information owned or used by Metavision in connection with the services offered through this site (whether hosted on the same server as this site or otherwise).
You may download and print out content from this site only for your own personal and non-commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
Metavision’s logo is a trademark of Metavision. The look and feel of this site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of Metavision. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Metavision.
This site contains some features that enable you and other users to upload User Content. Metavision reserves the right to display, refuse to display, remove and/or amend all or any part of any User Content at its absolute discretion. In respect of any User Content that you upload, you:
- represent and warranty to Metavision that your sharing of that User Content does not infringe any copyright or other legal right of any other person; and
- grant to Metavision a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit all or any part of that User Content in any way at Metavision’s absolute discretion.
If you believe that our site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this site to a third party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing. Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement.
In response to such a notification, we will give a written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party. If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
Disclaimer of warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, METAVISION AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) IN RELATION TO THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY/GUARANTEE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
This site is provided strictly on an "as is" basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Metavision and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
- the use of this site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
- this site will meet your requirements or expectations;
- anything on this site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
- the quality of any services, information or other material purchased or obtained through this site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
- errors or defects will be corrected; or
- this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Exclusion of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Metavision and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at Metavision's sole discretion):
- in the case of goods, to any of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a "person" includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
- the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by "including", "for example", "in particular" or similar expressions.
Governing law and jurisdiction