Mixed-mode, intensives and online study
1 Year (Full Time), 2 Years (Part Time)
Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Holistic Practice)
AQF Level 8
Course Coordinator: Katrina Dickson
The aim of holistic counselling is to promote critical questioning and reflection on the human condition and spirituality, and their relationship to wellbeing.
The Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Holistic Practice) is a postgraduate course attuned to the increasing complexity and fast paced change of our times, as well as the developing mental health landscape of the early 21st century. But it does so in a unique way, recognising that what is often required to cope and flourish in modern society is the need to slow down and listen to the wisdom within.
At Metavision we combine experiential learning and transformational education to deepen self-awareness. We create and model safe space for students, who are challenged to engage with every aspect of themselves in a truly holistic fashion. Faculty members will support you to develop your capacity for critical questioning, asking you to reflect upon the human condition and spirituality, while nurturing your relationship to your place in the world and your own wellbeing.
The Metavision model facilitates the formation of graduates as skilled and professional counsellors. Graduates will display an advanced level of awareness of self and others, integrity, ethics, rigour and conscious development. Our aim is to produce graduates who have 'done the work' and can lead others on the same path to integration, flow, and an expanded sense of self.
The Metavision Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Holistic Practice) is designed for those wanting to enter a career in these helping, listening and caring professions at the highest level, whether they be graduates of a more conventional Bachelor's degree in psychology, the social sciences or the humanities, or those interested in a career change from something less satisfying. It is also appropriate for current practitioners who wish to gain a formal qualification at a Postgraduate level, while extending their skills and deepening their knowledge into new territory and broader applications.
|Credit Points||Unit Cost||Number of Units||Total|
- Application fee: $175 + credit card transaction fee 2.3%
- Non-refundable Deposit: $1500 (allocated to course tuition fees) + credit card transaction fee 2.3%
- *For transaction-fee free options, please contact us
- National Police Check: $41.50 on the Clear to Work website
- Textbooks: Students are expected to purchase the required textbooks for each unit
- Personal therapy: Five sessions with a PACFA registered counsellor or psychotherapist
- Travel and accommodation for workshop intensives
Bridging Course - $1500
- Applicants who have not completed counselling skills training in their previous qualification will be required to attend a bridging course provided by Metavision Institute.
- More details can be found here: Foundational Counselling Skills
- Students may withdraw from their enrolled units prior to the Census Date, which is Day 4 of each semester, and receive full unit tuition fee refunds. The enrolment fee is not refundable.
- Students who withdraw from their enrolled units after the Census Date will not usually receive a tuition fee refund. However, students who require special consideration may apply for a refund on the Fee Refund Application Form.
|Year 1 - 2024||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Semester 1||11 March||29 March|
|Intensive 1||11 March||16 March|
|Semester 2||22 July||TBC|
|Intensive 2||22 July||27 July|
|Intensive 3||15 November||17 November|
|Year 1 - 2023||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Semester 1||6 March||9 March||17 July|
|Intensive 1||6 March||11 March|
|Semester 2||17 July||20 July||10 Nov|
|Intensive 2||17 July||22 July|
|Intensive 3||10 Nov||12 Nov|
|Intensive Days||9:00 am||5:30 pm|
|Final Day||9:00 am||1:00 pm|
|Online discussions||Regularly throughout semester|
Metavision will now be offering part time study for in 2024. Students can follow a study pathway of two-units per semester, and spread their coursework across two years.
- 2024 current unit price will apply for 2024 only, pricing for following years are indicative to that year’s price increase if any. Pricing will be released by 31st October each year.
- You can switch between part-time and full-time enrolment, but once the first semester of the academic year has commenced you cannot switch until the end of Semester 2.
- Before progressing to the next semester, it is essential to finish all required units. If you haven't completed these units in a timely manner, you might need to wait until the following year to fulfil these requirements.
- Failing to successfully complete a unit within the assigned semester will necessitate your completion of the current unit provided by Metavision, which may differ from the originally designated unit.
- You will still be required to attend 3 intensives per year, part time will need to attend 3 x 3 day intensives while full time will attend 2 x 6 day and 1 x 3 day per year.
In addition to being an accredited Higher Education course with TEQSA, Metavision Institute is also applying to the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) for course accreditation of the Masters course. More information about Metavision's Accreditation status can be found on the Accreditation page.