Mixed-mode, intensives and online study
2 Years (Full Time)
Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Holistic Practice)
AQF Level 9
Course Coordinator: Geoff Berry
The Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Holistic Practice) course is designed to develop specialised, advanced knowledge and skills in holistic counselling and psychotherapy and process oriented methodologies and skills.
The course is attuned to the increasing complexity and fast paced change of our times, as well as the developing mental health landscape of the early 21st century. But it does so in a unique way, recognising that what is often required to cope and flourish in modern society is the need to slow down and listen to the wisdom within.
At Metavision we combine experiential learning and transformational education to deepen self-awareness. We create and model safe space for students, who are challenged to engage with every aspect of themselves in a truly holistic fashion. Faculty members will support you to develop your capacity for critical questioning, asking you to reflect upon the human condition and spirituality, while nurturing your relationship to your place in the world and your own wellbeing.
The Metavision model facilitates the formation of graduates as counsellors and psychotherapists. Graduates will display an advanced level of awareness of self and others, integrity, ethics, rigour and conscious development. They will also have knowledge of research, ethics and methodologies and skills for conducting literature based and autobiographical research projects from proposal stage to oral and written presentation of findings. Our aim is to produce graduates who have 'done the work' and can lead others on the same path to integration, flow, and an expanded sense of self.
The Metavision Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Holistic Practice) is designed for those wanting to enter a career in these helping, listening and caring professions at the highest level, whether they be graduates of a more conventional Bachelor's degree in psychology, the social sciences or the humanities, or those interested in a career change from something less satisfying. It is also appropriate for current practitioners who wish to gain a formal qualification at Masters level, while extending their skills and deepening their knowledge into new territory and broader applications.
|Credit Points||Unit Cost||Number of Units||Total|
- Application fee: $175
- Non-refundable Deposit: $1500 (allocated to course tuition fees)
- National Police Check: $41.50 on the Clear to Work website
- Textbooks: Students are expected to purchase the required textbooks for each unit
- Personal therapy: Five sessions with a PACFA registered counsellor or psychotherapist
- Travel and accommodation for three workshop intensives
Bridging Course - $1000
- Applicants who have not completed counselling skills training in their previous qualification will be required to attend a bridging course provided by Metavision Institute.
- More details can be found here: Foundational Counselling Skills
- Students may withdraw from their enrolled units prior to the Census Date, which is Day 4 of each semester, and receive full unit tuition fee refunds. The enrolment deposit is not refundable.
- Students who withdraw from their enrolled units after the Census Date will not usually receive a tuition fee refund. However, students who require special consideration may apply for a refund on the Fee Refund Application Form.
|Year 1 - 2022-23||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Year 2 - 2023-24|
|Year 1 - 2022||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Semester 1||14 February||17 February||3 June|
|Intensive 1||14 February||20 February|
|Semester 2||4 July||7 July||30 October|
|Intensive 2||4 July||10 July|
|Intensive 3||28 October||30 November||30 October|
|Year 2 - 2023||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Semester 1||6 February 2023||9 February 2023||2 June 2023|
|Intensive 4||6 February 2023||12 February 2023|
|Semester 2||3 July 2023||6 July 2023||20 November 2023|
|Intensive 5||3 July 2023||8 July 2023|
|Intensive 6||17 November 2023||20 November 2023||20 November 2023|
|Year 1 - 2021-22||Start date||Census Date||End date|
|Semester 1||19 July||22 July||27 November|
|Intensive 1||19 July||25 July|
|Semester 2||5 February||8 February||5 June|
|Intensive 2||5 February||11 February|
|Intensive 3||3 June||5 June|
|Year 2 - 2022-23|
|Semester 1||1 August||4 August||December|
|Intensive 4||1 August||7 August|
|Intensive Days||9:00 am||5:30 pm|
|Final Day||9:00 am||1:00 pm|
|Online discussions||Weekly throughout semester|
In addition to being an accredited Higher Education course with TEQSA, Metavision Institute is also applying to the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) for course accreditation of the Masters course. More information about Metavision's Accreditation status can be found on the Accreditation page.