Putting Research Into Practice
Inspiration, motivation, mentoring and supervision to support the development of your research project
- Alumni of 2-year Metavision Program.
- People wanting to study our two year training (RPL considered)
applications from non-alumni will be considered on an individual basis. Limit of 20 participants.
Dates: Starts September 2022 | 3 x Saturday work/study days held via Zoom on (9:00 am - 5:30pm)
1 x Presentation day held via Zoom: Sat 22nd Oct (9:00 am - 5:30pm)
This course will provide you with the opportunity to undertake, or to further, an area of engaged research under the guidance and mentorship of Claire Jankelson. With Claire’s supervision, you will bring careful consideration and direction to your intentions and develop your project. This may be part of something much bigger, however through this course we expect that you would make significant progress towards achieving your desired outcomes.
Claire will offer inspiration to fuel your learning and direction. Using poetry and prose; imagination and form; spirit and the structure of phenomenology, the approach you take will be intimate and unafraid. This is an opportunity to courageously step into your rich imagination and unfold your edge experience in ways that serve your intentions. As the philosophy of Derrida says - meaning will be considered ‘meaningful’ in relation to its context. And your context will be the most important point of reference.
This is about Adult learning: you will become the expert of what you need. The phenomenon at hand will be your beacon. We will continue the nature of the learning done in the Metavision Institute Research Module – as taught in the 2nd year Psychotherapy and Counselling course. The only textbook that will be required reading is Rilke: Letters to a Young Poet.
This class will include:
- 3 x live work/study days held via Zoom
- 2 x individual mentoring sessions with Claire*
- Ongoing connection with small peer groups
- Extra resources and readings as needed
- 1x live presentation day held via Zoom
* Reading and commenting on your work could take the place of a mentoring session or will be charged extra.
Each work/study day will be engaging processes directed towards each person finding their research topic (or question) and shaping their particular research direction. The day will include theoretical input and practical exercises geared towards learning what each person is needing.
Each live work/study day will include:
- Theoretical content about phenomenology and deep inquiry
- Personal reflection - using writing/meditation/drawing
- Group reflection and feedback in dyads and triads
- Breaks for short nature walks and explorative activities
- Poetic interludes - for inspiration and direction
This class is for you if you are wanting to:
- Write a book
- Further your research project from the Metavision course
- Deepen your understanding of a particular topic
- Shape up a suitable pilot study towards Higher Degree Research
- Develop your understanding of a topic relevant to your counselling practice
- Develop a new creative project
- Study our two year program with the possibility of RPL
About Claire Jankelson, PhD
Claire has a background in counselling and many years of teaching Qualitative Research to Counselling and Psychology students. She has developed a passion for the value of practitioner research towards maintaining and developing ongoing learning. Claire’s skills are in the design and creation of processes that develop the ability for critical self-reflection thereby building on and enhancing the practitioner’s capacities. In keeping with modern adult education ideas, she uses the generative qualities of respect and the validation of experience to develop a greater sense of engagement, professionalism and leadership within one’s practice.
Cost: $1500 for full course.
|September||9.00 am - 5.30 pm||Workshop|
|9.00 am - 5.30 pm||Workshop|
|9.00 am - 5.30 pm||Workshop|
|9.00 am - 5.30 pm||Presentations|