The fundamental principles of the Human Being from an Anthroposophical approach.
This unit explores theories of consciousness and evolutionary theory, drawing on the foundational work of Rudolf Steiner and Ken Wilber. The fundamental principles of the human being from an anthroposophical approach, and its application to counselling practice, are outlined. Students will learn how to understand and work with human experience from the holistic perspective.
A model for the relationship of consciousness to soul, emotions and the human being is presented and demonstrated, using didactic methods and creative activities, including drawing, poetry, writing, clay modelling and movement (Eurythmy) in counselling practice.
30 minutes before and after the workshop intensive and by appointment during the semester
- The theory of consciousness: Rudolf Steiner and Ken Wilber
- Fundamental principles of the human condition
- Relationship between consciousness to soul, emotions and the human condition
- The human being: Self and Higher Self, Ego and ego
- Expressive applications in counselling 1: drawing, poetry, clay modelling
- Expressive applications in counselling 2: Eurythmy
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Articulate an in depth understanding of consciousness and evolutionary theory and its relevance to holistic counselling practice
- Outline the fundamental principles of the human being from an anthroposophical approach to counselling, including body, soul and spirit
- Accurately apply process oriented concepts of the human condition in the holistic counselling model
- Competently demonstrate open communication skills, self-exploration and mobile ways of thinking
- Constructively and critically self-reflect on their professional development as counsellors
Workshop Intensive 1: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
On-campus workshop intensive 1: 12 hours in total.
1.5 hour Zoom discussion
Study Buddy Activities
Eight hours over the semester
The total unit workload is equivalent to 7.3 hours per week over the semester, 117.5 hours in total.
- Twelve hours of on-campus workshop intensives
- 1.5 hour Zoom discussion
- 8 hours study buddy work
- 96 personal study hours
Available in Courses
This unit is available in the following courses:Specialist Training in Holistic Counselling & Psychotherapy - 2 Year Specialist Training in Holistic Counselling - 1 Year OLD_STP
Created: June 28, 2021, 3:53 p.m. • Updated: June 28, 2021, 5:27 p.m.