Fri, 31 Mar 2023
Student Information and Communication Policy
This policy aims to ensure that prospective and current higher education students are provided with accurate and relevant information about Metavision Institute and its higher education courses and services. Metavision Institute is committed to implementing responsible and transparent marketing and communication strategies that maintain the integrity and reputation of Metavision Institute and the higher education sector.
This policy applies to all governance committee members, staff, contractors and stakeholders involved in developing and publishing course information and communications for prospective and current students of Metavision Institute.
This policy aligns with the requirements of 6.2 Corporate Monitoring and Accountability and 7.1 Representation, 7.2 Information for Prospective and Current Students and 7.3 Information Management in the Higher Education Standards Framework 2015.
- Metavision Institute is committed to ethical and responsible marketing and communication practices.
- Metavision Institute provides accurate, relevant and accessible digital information about its higher education operations and courses for prospective and current students to enable them to make informed decisions about course selection and enrolment.
- Metavision Institute provides accurate information about the graduate outcomes for its higher education courses, including employment outcomes, occupational data and pathways to further study.
- Metavision Institute’s communications to students about their enrolment provides clear information about their obligations and payment of tuition fees and how to access appropriate information and support.
- Metavision Institute’s website provides a public repository of key information to enable prospective and current students to readily access timely and relevant information about policies, forms, and student support services.
- Metavision Institute’s marketing and communication strategies represent and support diversity and inclusion among prospective and enrolled students, including students with disabilities.
- Metavision Institute’s website, marketing materials and strategies utilise consistent branding consistent with its reputation, vision and mission.
1. The Academic Director approves all marketing information for current and prospective students about Metavision Institute’s higher education operations and courses, including website information, social media strategy and the Student Handbook.
2. The Website and Student Handbook information for prospective and current students includes the following:
- Registration, provider number, courses and AQF levels, and course accreditation status
- Contacts, operating hours and campus information
- Governance of Metavision Institute
- Financial standing
- Professional accreditation status
- Indicative total student enrolments
- Policies including academic and non-academic grievance, complaints and appeals policies
- Course structures, units, pre-requisites, delivery mode and duration
- Admission requirements for general and special entry
- Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning
- Employment outcomes, occupational data and pathways to further study
- Course and unit tuition fees and other costs
- Payment plans and fee refunds
- Important dates
- Ethical conduct
- Progression requirements
- Student support services
- Student representatives
- Information to assist in participation (e.g. contacts, advice on orientation and induction, technical requirements, access to resources, avenues to participate in decision making /student representative bodies).
3. Metavision Institute’s communication methods with current students include posting announcements and notices in Sophia, the learning management system, emails, phone calls and mail. Metavision Institute takes all possible steps to ensure that students receive important communications.
The Governance Board is responsible for oversighting the implementation of this policy.
The Academic Director is responsible for approval of marketing information and website copy prior to publication, and is the authorised person for making public statements on behalf of Metavision Institute.
All staff members are responsible for ensuring the provision of information to prospective and current students is ethical and accurate.
Students are responsible for ensuring their contact details with Metavision Institute are current at all times.